Your meal plan information is encoded on your UwinCARD which works like a debit card. Simply present your UwinCARD each time you make a purchase, and the total is automatically deducted from your account. The cards can also be used for purchases at our vending machines on campus, and with our off-campus partners.

If you have any questions/concerns with regards to your meal plan,
please contact the UwinCARD Office at:
519-253-3000 ext. 8946
or by email:

The residence meal plan is in effect for eight months from September and will expire on April. All students that live in residence are required to purchase a meal plan each semester.

The meal plan may only be used to purchase food and non-alcoholic beverages in Food Services outlets designated by the university, our off-campus partners and vending machines on campus. Meal Plans cannot be used to purchase alcohol or gift certificates from any of our off-campus partners and may not be used to pay any other fees owed to the University of Windsor.

Meal Plan fees are payable each semester with the following deadlines:

August 15th (Fall semester)
December 15th (Winter semester)
Payment for your meal plan is charged in two installments – at the beginning of each semester. Your meal plan will be billed with your Residence & Tuition Fees on your SIS Account. Payments for your meal plan need to be forwarded to the Cashier's Office, located in Room 1118 of Chrysler North Building.

Basic Plan: A tax-exempt account for use at all food locations on campus.

Flex Plan: A taxable account used for taxable food purchases on campus, at our convenience store, for vending purchases or at our off-campus partners.

Students can add money to their meal plan accounts at the UwinCARD Office-Room B-07 (Basement) CAW Student Centre (year-round).

Students can also add money to their meal plan accounts online (available September-April).

To check your meal plan balance/history, you can do the following:

Ask a cashier at the time of your purchase to give you the balance on your meal plan.
Go to the Student Portal to view your meal plan balance and history for the past 30 days.
Go to the UwinCARD Office located in Room B-07 (Basement) CAW Student Centre (year-round)
Please note: Meal Plan balances cannot be used to pay other fees owed to the University.

You may switch to a lower meal plan in the first month of each semester however you can upgrade your meal plan at any time during the (Fall/Winter) semester.

The deadline to reduce your meal plan is as follows:

September 30th (Fall Semester)
January 31st (Winter Semester)

To change your meal plan, you may do so in person at the UwinCARD Office (Basement) CAW Student Centre or change your Meal Plan online. Please note that it might take up to five business days before you will see the change on your Meal Plan Account. Students are not allowed to minimize their meal plans after the deadlines above as per the Residence Licence & Meal Plan Agreement.


  • Students must spend the Basic component of their plan by the end of the regular academic school year
  • Students can carry forward to the following academic school year any remaining balance in their Flex account in excess of the Minimum Plan amount
  • Students leaving residence after the first semester will need to follow the same guidelines (students are required to spend their Basic funds and are eligible to carry forward any flex balance in excess of the Minimum Plan amount)
Please contact the UWIN Card Office with any questions

UWin cash and UWin charge are available at the following off-campus partner locations.

When dining at off-campus locations, you use your FLEX portion of your meal plan. Service is available for dine in or call for delivery where applicable.

Wham Burger, Pizza Pizza, Green Bean Cafe, Harvey's, Jade Chinese Cuisine, Healthy Fusions

How do I sign up for Payroll Deduction?

Apply today for your Faculty & Staff Card at the UwinCARD Office, Room B-07 (Basement), CAW Student Centre.

Bring your UwinCARD (Staff/Faculty Card) and supply us with a letter from Human Resources veriyfing your full-time employment status (including your employee #) to the UwinCARD Office. The office is open year-round, Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 4:00pm to have your card activated.

Take advantage of the payroll deduction meal plan. At the end of each two week period, any food purchases made with your card are deducted directly from your pay cheque.

Each student is responsible for any debt incurred from the use of his/her card. Your UwinCARD should be kept with you in a safe location.

What do I need to do if I lose my meal plan card?

  • Report a lost meal card immediately to the UwinCARD Office, Room B07 (Basement), CAW Student Centre (from September-April). Your account number will be deactivated and you will be issued a temporary lost card voucher (students are allowed to get one lost card voucher per one student card). The lost card voucher will then serve as a meal card for three business days. After three business days it will expire and you will need to get a new card. Replacement cards are issued in UwinCARD Office, Room B07 (Basement) CAW Student Centre for a fee of $25.

Faculty and Staff

If you lose your card, contact the UwinCARD Office at ext. 8946 immediately to have your card deactivated.

To get a replacement card, please go to the UwinCARD Office located in Room B-07 (Basement), CAW Student Centre.

For more information call the UwinCARD Office at ext. 8946

If you find a student card please bring it to one of the following locations during business hours:

UwinCARD Office located in the CAW Student Ctr in Room B 07 (Basement) at ext. 8946
Campus Police located at 2455 Wyandotte St. W. at ext. 1234